St Mark's is at the heart of the local community being used every week by more than 16 community groups and worshipping congregations. We want to extend and improve our premises, opening up the welcome area to wider use, enlarging a meeting room, brightening the corridor and church sanctuary and replacing tired kitchens and toilets to meet our needs now and for the next generation.
Church members and friends have overwhelmingly supported outline proposals and Church Council has given the go-ahead to exciting refurbishment plans, so we now invite all those who value our premises to consider how they can help to bring this project to fruition.
Support can be offered in many ways, including:
- Attending our fund-raising events, (see Diary)
- Holding a fund-raising event Eileen Chislett (01628 625720) has a host of ideas, both great and small.
- Making a one-off donation or an on-line gift through Golden Giving using the donation tab above.
- Making on-line purchases from a host of shops/organisations at no extra cost to you through using TheGivingMachine link at the top of the page. Select "The Giving Machine" tab above to see how it works.
- Pledging a regular gift - contact Ed Filmore (01628 623263)
Cheques should be made payable to St Mark's Crescent Methodist Church.
If you pay tax, the church can reclaim tax paid on donations under the Gift Aid scheme which means that, for every £10 given, the church receives a further £2.50 at no extra cost to donors.
Please use Gift Aid envelopes marked BUILDING FUND available at the church.
Further details of 2020 Vision plans can be viewed at the church and regular updates on progress are published in "The Link" Magazine.